Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's Not Always About Me!

Mrs. V. has been drinking less and less wine over the last few years even as my "enthusiasm" for tasting new wines has increased. I just put it down to her getting more health conscious as she matured. Turns out I was wrong, again.

Experimenting with Italian white wines, I picked up a bottle of Ricossa Moscato D'Asti (Parknshop HK$89) recently. Served it at dinner a few nights ago and I was shocked at the sweetness. Mrs V. had a sip and started gushing about how much she liked it. We haven't been able to drink anything else since and now she wants to order a case for her friends.

Even though it's a touch sweet for my palate, it still is a lovely refreshing summer drink when really well chilled. I'm more than happy to drink sweet wines just to be able to share a bottle again with my wife. Salute!

1 comment: